Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lent Update, and 1 clean room.

I got off to a slow start with my 40 bags project.  One sick kid and a tired mama, ya know, life.  But I got caught up today and Logan has a clean room to prove it.

I picked his room to dive into today because for the last week or so we have been jokingly referring to his room as an episode of 'Hoarders'.  It wasn't that bad, but all of the flat surfaces in his room were piled high.  Not to mention the Lego land mines on the floor.  Ouch!

So armed with trash bags, Logan and I headed in.  We ended up removing 2 bags of toys and stuff, and 1 bag of  trash.  Oh, and a coat rack.  While we went through each item, we talked about blessing other children with our surplus of toys as well as the importance of keeping our rooms clean so we can welcome friends over to play. I still need to go through his clothes, and bring out some larger sizes from the bins, but that will be another day.

Hubby went through the kids books on Thursday and purged a bag full.  If anyone knows of a great place to donate kids books, other than the Goodwill, I would love some recommendations.

So for now we are caught up, 4 bags down, 36 to go.

How are doing on your goals?  Have you been following through on what you chose to give up?

No comments: